This is the next step for leather workers who’ve completed Boot Camp I. This class is beneficial to those who want to continue building their skill base and developing a good variety of knowledge about leather working. We begin by reviewing Boot Camp I, and work on more complex projects which include shaping leather, some machine stitching and a good amount of pattern making for a variety of projects. Some lab time (open studio) will be required for students to complete complex projects in the allotted time frame.
- Use of industrial sewing machines
- Use of electric and hand skivers
- Shape and mold vegetable tanned leather
- Dye, paint and modify surfaces
- Pattern making –seam allowances, etc
- Steps of Construction
Class dates: ( You only need to register for the first class in the series to come to all of them )