You should be familiar with these terms and be able to perform these tasks by the time you enter the program. This information will be reviewed during the interview process.
- Be able to measure correctly with a ruler and tape measure.
- Know how to calculate the circumference of a circle
- Be able to draw the following shapes: rectangle, square, equilateral triangle, right angle
- Find the middle of a line that is 5 3/8” long
- Draw and divide a 7” line into 3 equal parts:
- Draw and divide an 8 5/8” line into 4 equal parts.
- Know how to check if a square or rectangle is “true” –(measure diagonally across corners. Measurement should be the same.)
- Know the difference between a square, a rectangle and a parallelogram
- Know how many eighths are in an inch
- How many centimeters in a meter
- Know how many millimeters in a centimeter
- Be able to convert centimeters to inches and inches to centimeters. (with a ruler)
- Know how to figure square footage: (Multiply height inches by width inches and divide by 144= square footage.)
CLICK HERE TO APPLY FOR WINTER SEMESTER
CLICK HERE TO APPLY FOR SUMMER SEMESTER